Our Client is a global leader in the telecom/data-services sectors delivering wide range of affordable, high quality and easy to use broadband access and communication services across Africa.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
The Brand Specialist is required for the Marketing Department. The office holder will report directly to the Head of Marketing and will be responsible for overseeing and managing different aspects of the marketing cycle specifically relating to product branding & packaging, campaign communications, pricing and promotion management.
- Serve as the point-person for developing, implementing and executing marketing initiatives and activities for the organizations brand. These initiatives and activities include product branding, campaigns (print, web, social media, broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs, marketing and sponsorships.
- Develop and institutionalize brand assets and enforce established standards.
- Ensure that the products & services resonate with current and potential customers.
- Execute marketing campaigns; in charge of managing and developing P&L and driving market growth.
- Responsible for sending out the right image thereby creating a lasting impression among consumers; improve product sales and market share.
- Oversee channel usage campaigns for retail outlet (shop and kiosk) merchandizing.
- Take the lead on customer acquisition projects and continuous improvement of the current. pricing portfolio.
- Plan and implement the use of targeted media to engage and convert different target audiences.
- Monitor market trends; carry out consumer research and oversee advertising and marketing activities to ensure the right message is delivered for the organisations products and services.
- Identify areas which to invest, based on consumer needs and spending habits; looking at the pricing of products and analysing the potential profitability.
- Generate names for new and existing products and services, coming up with ideas for new packaging designs, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery.
- Oversee the production of TV adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, road shows and liaising with art designers, copywriters, media buyers and printers.
- Develop brand standards and usage guidelines; check marketing copy from time to time.
- Supervise the signoff of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions through focus groups and market research.
- Co-ordinate the launch programme to external customers as well as employees.
- Create strategies to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Conceptualize strategic initiatives and implement details of a campaign.
- Execute strategies with cross-functional teams.
- Manage external marketing partners such as advertising agencies, digital marketing firms and production companies.
- Supervise brand content and manage access to brand assets.
- Track consumer and market insights by reviewing metrics such as sales volume, market share, profit projections, pricing and distribution, and by conducting consumer research
- Analyze sales data to update a brand or category portfolio, determine new products and delete underperforming products.
- Work closely with departments such as customer service and sales to consult on package and product as it relates to branding.
- Write reports, specifications and creative briefs
REQUIREMENT EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate must have a first degree in Social sciences, marketing or other related fields, a second degree (masters or MBA) and professional membership will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have at least 4 – 6 years’ experience in the above capacity, preferably in a communications firm, corporate communications/ brand units of recognized FMCG, Banking institution, telecommunications or any other organisation with identified strong brand.
- S/he must display good negotiation skills, possess excellent customer service skills, organisational & methodical skills, strong brand management capabilities, strong research and analytical skills, in-depth understanding of the company’s current products and future concepts, very good listening skills, ability to think creatively and innovatively, budget-management skills and proficiency, Professional judgment and discretion, analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and future challenges, familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, etc.
- Forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’using‘BRANDING‘ as subject of application. Submission closes 6th July, 2015. Wrong titled submission will not be attended to. Please be guided! Qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.